Wayne Blackshear hurt, out for season
LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Louisville freshman Wayne Blackshear injured his right shoulder in practice and will miss the entire season, the school said Friday.
An MRI shows Blackshear has a torn labrum that will require surgery, Louisville said in a statement. His recovery time is expected to be at least four months.
Blackshear, a McDonald's All-American, was recovering from a left shoulder injury that also required surgery. He practiced with the Cardinals (No. 8 ESPN/USA Today, No. 9 AP) for the first time Monday.
It was the first time Blackshear had picked up a basketball in nearly six months, coach Rick Pitino said. The 6-foot-5 wing received clearance from the NCAA to play as a freshman a week ago.
Blackshear averaged 32.6 points and 14.6 rebounds his senior year at Chicago's Morgan Park High School.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Parker's career-high 30 lead Duke by UNC
- Florida routs Kentucky to finish 18-0 in SEC
- WVU overcomes Wiggins' 41 to stun Kansas
- Ducks down No. 3 Arizona to win 7th straight
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Louisville Cardinals Grey Groove Ultimate T-Shirt