Kansas suspends 2 for exhibition games
Self-Delivered Message at Kansas
The suspensions of Tyshawn Taylor and Elijah Johnson for a preseason game are fairly cut and dry. But between the lines, Bill Self's statement on the move says a lot, writes Eamonn Brennan. Blog
Coach Bill Self declined to discuss the specific violations Sunday, but he did say they occurred during the offseason and that both players "have been terrific since school began."
They'll miss exhibition games Tuesday night against Pittsburg State and Nov. 8 against Fort Hays State.
Taylor is the Jayhawks' leading returning scorer after averaging 9.4 points and 4.6 assists last season. Johnson started six games a year ago and is their best returning outside shooter.
Kansas opens its regular season Nov. 11 against Towson.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Butler's Etherington (foot) to miss 3-4 months
- NCAA president calls for 'scholarships for life'
- Rick Pitino: 'Passion, enthusiasm' still high
- College of Charleston's Wojcik not recruiting
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Kansas Jayhawks #22 Blue Replica Basketball T-Shirt