Peyton Siva doubtful for Saturday
LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Louisville point guard Peyton Siva has a severely sprained left ankle and is doubtful for Saturday's game at Butler.
The junior, whom coach Rick Pitino calls his best player, was injured Monday in practice. Pitino says Siva would be available only in an isolated situation and might not be ready when the Cardinals return home against Arkansas State on Nov. 22.
Siva has averaged 10.5 points and 6 assists in Louisville's two games this season. He also missed practices and an exhibition earlier in the season due to a concussion.
The Cardinals (No. 7 ESPN/USA Today, No. 8 AP) already have lost guard Mike Marra for the season. Rakeem Buckles (right knee), Wayne Blackshear (right shoulder) and Stephan Van Treese (left knee) have yet to play this season. Van Treese is expected to return against Butler.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Top Cats: Zona is new No. 1; Syracuse 2nd
- UF guards Wilbekin, Hill to play vs. Kansas
- Ex-Rutgers player sues over Rice behavior
- Ducks overcome Henderson, Ole Miss in OT
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Under Armour Men's Louisville Cardinals Grey Basketball NuTECH Long Sleeve