Marshawn Powell out with knee injury
The junior forward was injured during practice Thursday.
"It's a severe knee injury," Arkansas coach Mike Anderson said on his pregame radio show. "We're going to have some further examination done to determine the extent.
"It's a tremendous loss for a guy who has worked extremely hard to get in the best shape of his career."
Powell has battled injuries throughout his career at Arkansas. He missed the entire 2010-11 preseason and three games last year with a broken foot, which he reinjured last spring.
The Virginia Beach, Va., native was averaging 19.5 points and 6 rebounds this season for the Razorbacks (2-0).
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Gibbs beats buzzer as Seton Hall stuns Nova
- KU edges Okla. St. in OT behind Wiggins' 30
- Baylor holds on to down No. 17 Oklahoma
- Hogs' NCAA hopes take hit with SEC ouster
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Arkansas Razorbacks Cardinal Basketball Practice Performance T-Shirt