Pitt loses Travon Woodall for 1 month
PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh junior point guard Travon Woodall is out a month with a groin strain and an abdominal tear.
Coach Jamie Dixon says Woodall will need four to five weeks of rest but will not require surgery. Woodall sustained the injury in the 17th-ranked Panthers' 80-69 win over crosstown rival Duquesne on Wednesday.
Woodall is averaging 14.1 points, 8.3 assists and 3.4 rebounds for the Panthers (6-1), who play at Tennessee on Saturday. Woodall will likely be replaced in the starting lineup by freshman John Johnson.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA president: Pay-for-play isn't coming
- NCAA may work with power 5 conferences
- No. 1 Arizona runs over New Mexico State
- Smith, Ohio State cruise to rout of Bryant
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- JanSport Youth Pitt Panthers Gold Oakland Zoo T-Shirt