Utes suspend guard Josh Watkins
SALT LAKE CITY -- University of Utah starting point guard Josh Watkins has been suspended indefinitely for undisclosed conduct detrimental to the team.
Coach Larry Krystkowiak issued a statement Monday saying Watkins will not participate in any team activities until he has met certain obligations.
The Utes are 1-6 and off to their worst start in history under the first-year coach. Their six losses have been by an average of 20 points, and they have yet to start play in the Pac-12.
Utah already is without center David Foster because of what could be a season-ending foot injury.
Watkins finished with 11 points in an 82-52 road loss Saturday to Fresno State to extend his double-digit scoring streak to 13 games. But he made just 4 of 16 shots.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Duke tops Stanford, wins Coaches vs. Cancer
- Gators' Carter, Finney-Smith iffy for Bahamas
- Rhode Island shocks No. 21 Nebraska in OT
- Source: Texas PG Taylor out 4-6 weeks
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Under Armour Men's Utah Utes Crimson Fishing Woven Short Sleeve Shirt