Auburn's Tony Barbee signs deal
AUBURN, Ala. -- Auburn basketball coach Tony Barbee now has a signed contract, more than 21 months after his hiring.
The school released the deal worth $1.5 million annually through June 30, 2017 on Monday. Barbee can also make up to $600,000 in bonuses for athletic and academic achievements.
Auburn introduced the former UTEP coach on March 24, 2010.
Barbee says he was always comfortable working under the letter of agreement with Auburn athletic director Jay Jacobs. He says, "I love being here and there is no other place I'd rather be."
The Tigers won 11 games in his first year and are 10-5 this season.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Hoosiers get $40M gift to fix up Assembly Hall
- UNC's McDonald reinstated; Hairston still out
- Randle-led Stanford upsets No. 10 UConn
- AD backs SIU coach after tirade goes viral
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Auburn Tigers Full-Size Crossover Basketball