Terran Petteway suspended one game
LUBBOCK, Texas -- Texas Tech coach Billy Gillispie has suspended freshman Terran Petteway for a game after he elbowed a Kansas player during a loss to the 10th-ranked Jayhawks.
The school announced the suspension Thursday, less than 12 hours after Petteway elbowed Conner Teahan with about five minutes left in the first half and was ejected. He had received a technical foul earlier in the game when he appeared to touch a Kansas player inbounding the ball.
Kansas won the game 81-46. Petteway will miss Saturday's game at Texas A&M.
Gillispie said in a statement released by Texas Tech the program "will never condone" a player doing what Petteway did. He said Petteway was "apologetic" and "understands that he must suffer the consequences for his actions."
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- UNC inviting athletes back to finish degrees
- Ex-Baylor star Austin: NBA offered job too
- C-USA chief: 'Second 5' will still be relevant
- Source: Mudiay signs deal to play in China
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Kansas Jayhawks #22 Blue Tournament Basketball Replica Jersey