Jim Larranaga gets 3-year extension
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Jim Larranaga has received a three-year extension from Miami, keeping him under contract at the school through April 30, 2019.
The school announced the deal Friday.
Larranaga is 11-7 so far in his first season with the Hurricanes. In a release distributed by the school, Larranaga says he is thrilled about the "extension and the commitment it shows to our program."
Larranaga is on pace for his 14th consecutive winning season. Perhaps best known for leading George Mason to the 2006 Final Four, Larranaga took over at Miami last April after Frank Haith departed for Missouri.
Miami athletic director Shawn Eichorst says Larranaga is "a first-class representative" of the school.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA president: Pay-for-play isn't coming
- NCAA may work with power 5 conferences
- Wells sparks Maryland past Boston College
- Former Hoya Whittington intends to transfer
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- JanSport Men's Miami Hurricanes White Basketball T-Shirt