Jim Larranaga gets 3-year extension
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Jim Larranaga has received a three-year extension from Miami, keeping him under contract at the school through April 30, 2019.
The school announced the deal Friday.
Larranaga is 11-7 so far in his first season with the Hurricanes. In a release distributed by the school, Larranaga says he is thrilled about the "extension and the commitment it shows to our program."
Larranaga is on pace for his 14th consecutive winning season. Perhaps best known for leading George Mason to the 2006 Final Four, Larranaga took over at Miami last April after Frank Haith departed for Missouri.
Miami athletic director Shawn Eichorst says Larranaga is "a first-class representative" of the school.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Parker's career-high 30 lead Duke by UNC
- Florida routs Kentucky to finish 18-0 in SEC
- WVU overcomes Wiggins' 41 to stun Kansas
- Ducks down No. 3 Arizona to win 7th straight
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Miami Hurricanes Green Basketball Practice Performance T-Shirt