Syracuse leads 2013 Maui field
LAHAINA, Hawaii -- Syracuse, winners in its only two appearances in the EA Sports Maui Invitational, will head the field for the 30th edition of the early-season tournament.
The Orange, champions in 1990 and 1998, will be joined in the 2013 tournament by former winners Gonzaga (2009) and Dayton (2003), it was announced Tuesday.
They will be joined in the games played at the Lahaina Civic Center by Arkansas, Baylor, California, Minnesota and Division II Chaminade, the host school.
Four other Division I teams that will participate in the early portion of the tournament will be announced later.
The 2012 Maui Invitational field will feature three-time champion North Carolina, Butler, Illinois, Marquette, Mississippi State, Southern California, Texas and Chaminade.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Workers trying to save buckling UCLA court
- Giving back: Hill donates $1.25M to Duke
- Ex-PC starter Fortune heading to Colorado
- Mayo leaves Marquette, pursues pro career
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Minnesota Golden Gophers #1 Maroon Basketball Jersey