Source: Dana Altman staying put
Altman, who was highly successful at Creighton in Omaha and whose wife's family is from the state, was considered to be one of the top choices to succeed the fired Doc Sadler.
According to the source, Altman told Oregon's administration as well as Nike CEO Phil Knight that he would stay with the program.
The Ducks were in the CBI in Altman's first season after replacing former coach Ernie Kent and this season reached the NIT quarterfinals before losing at rival Washington Tuesday night.
According to sources, Nebraska is expected to focus on Colorado State's Tim Miles and Ohio's John Groce, whose team plays North Carolina in the Sweet 16 in St. Louis Friday.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Gators finish on top in battle with Memphis
- Wichita State edges Alabama to reach 11-0
- Payne, Michigan State roll vs. North Florida
- Harrell, Louisville romp past Missouri State
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Baden Oregon Ducks Two-Tone Full-Size Basketball