Two Iowa St. reserves to transfer
Coach Fred Hoiberg said Friday that Sledge and Railey intend to transfer in an effort to find more playing time.
Sledge played in just eight games last season as a freshman, averaging a point per game. Railey, a 6-foot-10 sophomore center from Beaverton, Ore., played in 13 games.
Hoiberg says Sledge and Railey are both "great kids" and that he'll help them find new schools.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Parker shines as Duke picks apart UCLA
- No. 1 Arizona routs Southern to reach 12-0
- Hoosiers get $40M gift to fix up Assembly Hall
- UNC's McDonald reinstated; Hairston still out
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Iowa State Cyclones Cardinal Basketball Practice Performance T-Shirt