Keno Davis new coach at C. Michigan
Former Providence and Drake coach Keno Davis told ESPN.com Monday that he has been hired to the same position at Central Michigan.
Davis worked for the Big Ten Network this past season. He coached at Providence for three seasons and finished with an overall record of 74-55, including an 18-36 mark in the Big East.
In 2008 he coached Drake to a 28-5 overall record (15-3 in the Missouri Valley Conference) and reached the NCAA tournament.
Davis replaces Ernie Ziegler, who was fired last month.
Trey Zeigler, Ernie's son, was given a release when his father was fired and may get a waiver to play immediately. He is being highly sought.
A source with direct knowledge of the negotiations said the deal is for five years.
A news conference is set for Tuesday at 2 p.m. in Mount Pleasant, Mich.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Gators finish on top in battle with Memphis
- Wichita State edges Alabama to reach 11-0
- Payne, Michigan State roll vs. North Florida
- Harrell, Louisville romp past Missouri State
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Central Michigan Chippewas Grey Groove Ultimate T-Shirt