Auburn dismisses 2, suspends third
AUBURN, Ala. -- Auburn has dismissed two basketball players and suspended a third indefinitely.
Barbee says Auburn has no further comment.
Langford averaged 5.2 points and 2.1 rebounds as a sophomore. McAfee was redshirted last season.
Johnson is a Clemson transfer who played in 19 games and started three last season after becoming eligible after the fall semester. He averaged 2.1 points and 1.5 rebounds.
Center Willy Kouassi and forward Bernard Morena have left the program after one season. That leaves the Tigers with five returning scholarship players, counting Johnson, and five signees. Guard Varez Ward is being investigated for alleged point shaving and is not expected back.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Big 12 chief rips NCAA, says 'cheating pays'
- Source: Kentucky among 4 in Miami event
- Florida loses Walker to season-ending injury
- Source: Wojcik heads out on recruiting trail
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Auburn Tigers Full-Size Crossover Basketball