Crossroads Classic stays through '14
INDIANAPOLIS -- Butler, Indiana, Notre Dame and Purdue have agreed to continue playing the Crossroads Classic through 2014.
The schools made joint announcements Wednesday, saying they had agreed to extend the contract for two more years. Last year marked the first time those four teams had played in a doubleheader at Conseco Fieldhouse, drawing more than 19,000 fans. This year's games feature Butler-Indiana and Notre Dame-Purdue on Dec. 15.
Additional games will now be played Dec. 14, 2013 and Dec. 20, 2014.
The announcement comes less than three weeks after Indiana announced it would not play Kentucky because it was already playing too many games away from its Bloomington campus. The Crossroads Classic was one of the games Indiana officials had cited.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA president: Pay-for-play isn't coming
- NCAA may work with power 5 conferences
- Wells sparks Maryland past Boston College
- Former Hoya Whittington intends to transfer
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Indiana Hoosiers #11 White Replica Basketball Jersey