Jeronne Maymon due back in August
School officials said Maymon, a second-team All-Southeastern Conference selection as a junior, should be cleared to play in time for Tennessee's exhibition tour of Italy in August.
Maymon had recent swelling, prompting Friday's surgery.
Maymon averaged 12.7 points and a team-high 8.1 rebounds last season.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- UNC's McDonald reinstated; Hairston still out
- Randle-led Stanford upsets No. 10 UConn
- AD backs SIU coach after tirade goes viral
- Laettner's jersey from 'The Shot' at auction
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Tennessee Volunteers Alley Oop Youth-Size Rubber Basketball