Jeronne Maymon due back in August
School officials said Maymon, a second-team All-Southeastern Conference selection as a junior, should be cleared to play in time for Tennessee's exhibition tour of Italy in August.
Maymon had recent swelling, prompting Friday's surgery.
Maymon averaged 12.7 points and a team-high 8.1 rebounds last season.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Ex-Baylor star Austin: NBA offered job too
- C-USA chief: 'Second 5' will still be relevant
- Source: Mudiay signs deal to play in China
- Creighton's Chatman set for thumb surgery
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Baden Tennessee Volunteers Two-Tone Full-Size Basketball