Xavier-Cincinnati rivalry moving
CINCINNATI -- The city of Cincinnati's annual college basketball rivalry is moving to a neutral court.
Instead of playing on campus, the next two games will be at a downtown arena. Cincinnati will be the home team for the Dec. 19 game, with Xavier the home team the following year.
The schools will split ticket sales, with some of the money going to the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center.
After the two neutral-site games, the schools will re-evaluate the arrangement.
A brawl in the closing seconds last December on Xavier's court prompted officials to end the game. The crosstown rivalry game would have been played at Cincinnati this season.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- UNC's McDonald reinstated; Hairston still out
- AD backs SIU coach after tirade goes viral
- Florida gets Murphy's brother via Duke transfer
- Pitino vs. Pitino in '14 Armed Forces Classic
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Cincinnati Bearcats #23 Black Basketball Replica Jersey