Corey Heyward to miss Tech's season
ATLANTA -- Georgia Tech coach Brian Gregory says guard Corey Heyward is expected to miss the 2012-13 season after tearing a ligament in his left knee in a pickup game.
Heyward, a former standout at Peachtree Ridge High School in the Atlanta area, signed with Georgia Tech after spending one year at Hargrave Military Academy in Virginia.
Gregory on Monday said Heyward tore his left anterior cruciate ligament on Thursday and will have surgery in the next two weeks. The recovery period usually takes up to a year.
Heyward enrolled at Georgia Tech for summer semester.
Gregory says Heyward's injury is "a temporary setback."
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Gators finish on top in battle with Memphis
- Wichita State edges Alabama to reach 11-0
- Payne, Michigan State roll vs. North Florida
- Harrell, Louisville romp past Missouri State
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Baden Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Two-Tone Full-Size Basketball