Villanova, Purdue in semifinals
PRINCETON, N.J. -- Alabama will play Oregon State and Villanova meets Purdue in the semifinals of the 2k Sports Classic benefiting the Wounded Warrior Project.
The 18th edition of the tournament will be played at Madison Square Garden with the semifinals on Nov. 15 and the championship game on Nov. 16, it was announced Thursday.
Beginning with this year's event, the Wounded Warrior Project is the beneficiary of the tournament. The mission of the Wounded Warrior Project is to honor and empower wounded warriors.
Mississippi State won last year's tournament, beating Arizona in the final.
The matchups for the early rounds of the tournament will be announced later.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- UNC inviting athletes back to finish degrees
- Ex-Baylor star Austin: NBA offered job too
- C-USA chief: 'Second 5' will still be relevant
- Source: Mudiay signs deal to play in China
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Oregon State Beavers Orange Full-Zip Basketball Performance Hoodie