Mike Davis to Texas Southern
"It's a great opportunity for me to get back into coaching," Davis said in an interview with KRIV-TV in Houston. "I've researched Texas Southern's program."
Davis, who led Indiana to the 2002 Final Four and was 2010-11 Conference USA Coach of the Year, was offered the job after Tony Harvey resigned for personal reasons, KRIV reported.
"I think Harvey left some real good players there. They had a good program and it's one of the better jobs in the (SWAC) conference, and I'm excited to get back working and teaching," Davis said to the station.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Ohio St. rallies from 8 down in final minute
- Black helps No. 18 Kansas trounce Hoyas
- Randle rallies Kentucky to win over Belmont
- Illinois hands Mizzou first loss with late FTs
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Indiana Hoosiers Crimson Banner T-Shirt