Rod Strickland arrested, charged
LEXINGTON, Ky. -- Former NBA guard and current Kentucky assistant coach Rod Strickland was arrested near the Kentucky campus Thursday and charged with driving on a DUI suspended license.
Strickland, 46, was also charged with not having registered license plates and failure to signal.
The university said in a statement that Strickland was pulled over while driving to work and it was looking into the possibility that there was a clerical error regarding the license. Strickland pleaded guilty in 2010 to driving under the influence and his driver's license was suspended for 12 months.
Strickland joined the Kentucky staff as an assistant coach before the 2009-10 season, coming with coach John Calipari from Memphis.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Xavier completes sweep of No. 21 G'town
- Oklahoma State takes down No. 20 Baylor
- UW dismisses Upshaw for violating team rules
- Unbeatens Kentucky, Virginia still atop AP poll
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Kentucky Wildcats 'that Wildcat Life' Blue T-shirt