NCAA reprimands Mick Cronin
CINCINNATI -- The NCAA has publicly reprimanded Cincinnati basketball coach Mick Cronin for bad language after the Bearcats' tournament loss to Ohio State.
The NCAA says its Division I men's basketball committee found that Cronin used "profane and abusive language" toward a game official. Ohio State made the East regional final in March by beating its cross-state rival 81-66.
The organization says Cronin had earlier appealed the reprimand, but an administrative committee upheld it after reviewing records.
Cronin declined to comment on the punishment.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Ex-Baylor star Austin: NBA offered job too
- C-USA chief: 'Second 5' will still be relevant
- Source: Mudiay signs deal to play in China
- Creighton's Chatman set for thumb surgery
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Cincinnati Bearcats Point Guard Black Basketball Shorts