Derek Reese has shoulder surgery
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- Tennessee freshman guard Derek Reese will miss approximately six months after having surgery to repair a torn labrum in his right shoulder.
Chad Newman, associate director of sports medicine, announced Tuesday night that Reese had surgery earlier in the day at the University of Tennessee Medical Center.
The freshman from Orlando, Fla., enrolled at Tennessee in the second session of summer school. He was with the Volunteers on a recent tour of Italy, but didn't dress for any of the four games.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- UNC inviting athletes back to finish degrees
- Ex-Baylor star Austin: NBA offered job too
- C-USA chief: 'Second 5' will still be relevant
- Source: Mudiay signs deal to play in China
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Tennessee Volunteers Full-Size Crossover Basketball