Charles Carmouche joins LSU
BATON ROUGE, La. -- LSU coach Johnny Jones says former University of New Orleans and Memphis guard Charles Carmouche has enrolled in LSU and will join the Tigers for the upcoming season.
The 6-foot-3 Carmouche played two seasons at New Orleans before transferring to Memphis, where he played the past two years.
However, he received a medical redshirt last season while completing his graduation requirements at Memphis, allowing him to transfer to another Division I program without sitting out a year.
Carmouche, who is from New Orleans, has played in 92 games in his college career with 75 starts. He has averaged 7.4 points, 3.3 rebounds and 1.7 assists.
Jones says Carmouche's ability to defend and his experience will make him an instant leader and a valuable addition to the Tigers.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- DePaul stuns Georgetown in Big East opener
- Auburn fires coach Barbee after 4 seasons
- American rocks Boston for Patriot title, berth
- NCAA: No 'Sic 'Em Bears' jerseys for Baylor
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Authentic Street Signs Memphis Basketball Court Sign