Dwaun Anderson granted waiver
First-year Seahawks coach Bashir Mason said Friday the 6-foot-4, 200-pound guard will have four years of eligibility remaining.
Anderson, a native of Suttons Bay, Mich., took two classes at Michigan State during summer 2011 then transferred to Wagner, where he sat out last season as a redshirt.
Anderson averaged 20.1 points, 10.0 rebounds, 4.5 assists, 3.3 steals and 1.9 blocks as a senior. He was a three-time all-state selection.
Wagner returns four starters from last year's team that won a school-record 25 games. Mason moved up from being an assistant to Dan Hurley, who left for Rhode Island after three seasons with the Seahawks.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Top Cats: Zona is new No. 1; Syracuse 2nd
- UF guards Wilbekin, Hill to play vs. Kansas
- Ducks overcome Henderson, Ole Miss in OT
- No. 24 San Diego St. rallies by Washington
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Michigan State Spartans Green Long Sleeve Shootaround Shirt