Duke will face Temple in New Jersey
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Mike Krzyzewski will bring Duke to the Izod Center.
The New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority announced Monday that Duke will play Temple at the arena Dec. 8 as the second game of a college basketball doubleheader that also will have St. Peter's facing Loyola, Md.
Duke beat Butler at the Izod Center in December 2010 in a rematch of the NCAA championship game earlier that year. Prior to that, it played Xavier here in 2008. The Blue Devils have a 19-1 record at the Izod Center, winning five NCAA East Region finals.
Coached by Fran Dunphy, Temple has won 79 games the past three seasons. It is one of 13 schools to make the last five NCAA Tournaments.
"Coach Dunphy is a longtime friend and a terrific coach," Krzyzewski said. "He has built a tremendous program at Temple and it should be a very competitive game.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- No. 4 Duke dismisses junior guard Sulaimon
- UK surges by Mizzou, now 20-0 for third time
- UCLA topples No. 11 Utah behind Powell's 23
- Loving, Russell lead Ohio St. upset of Terps
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Duke Blue Devils #5 Duke Blue Elite Replica Basketball Jersey