Michigan leads field for NIT Tip-Off
INDIANAPOLIS -- Michigan, Virginia, Kansas State and Pittsburgh are the top seeds for the NIT Season Tip-Off.
The other seeded teams in the field announced Tuesday: Lehigh, Robert Morris, Cleveland State and Delaware. The rest of the field is Ala.-Huntsville, Bowling Green, Fairfield, Fordham, IUPUI, Lamar, North Texas and Penn.
The first- and second-round doubleheaders will be played Nov. 12 and 13 on the campuses of the four highest seeded teams. The winners of the preliminary rounds advance to Madison Square Garden for the semifinals on Nov. 21, and championship game on Nov. 23.
The remaining teams will play third- and fourth-round doubleheaders Nov. 19 and 20 on the campuses of the three highest remaining seeds.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Parker shines as Duke picks apart UCLA
- No. 1 Arizona routs Southern to reach 12-0
- Hoosiers get $40M gift to fix up Assembly Hall
- UNC's McDonald reinstated; Hairston still out
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Baden Michigan Wolverines Two-Toned Full-Sized Basketball