Chris Collinsworth ends career
PROVO, Utah -- Brigham Young sophomore forward Chris Collinsworth will have career-ending microfracture ankle surgery.
Basketball coach Dave Rose announced the news in a statement issued by the school Monday.
Collinsworth said it was time to move on, considering this is the third straight year he has had surgery.
Collinsworth's BYU career began in 2007-08 when he played 35 games and started six before serving a two-year church mission in Australia. That season he averaged 4.8 rebounds and 3.2 points for a Cougar team that won 27 games and reached the NCAA tournament.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- No. 8 Michigan overcomes scare from Illinois
- No. 1 Florida turns it on late, ousts Mizzou
- Source: Barclays negotiates with A-10, ACC
- Harris scores 20 as UVa pulls away from FSU
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's BYU Cougars Blue Basketball Practice Performance T-Shirt