Anthony Grant, Mal Moore get raises
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- Alabama men's basketball coach Anthony Grant has received a $100,000 raise and a one-year contract extension through 2019.
University system trustees approved a raise Thursday to $1.9 million from Grant's deal in April 2009.
Grant got a two-year extension last year but no raise. He led Alabama to its first NCAA tournament since 2006 last season. Grant's buyout will be reduced over time to $500,000 for the last four years.
Athletic director Mal Moore's salary goes from $588,500 to $620,000 but the deal still runs through June 30, 2014.
Moore also received a $125,000 raise two years ago.
The trustees also approved raises of $10,000-$20,000 for several other coaches and four-year deals for new swimming and diving coach Dennis Pursley ($140,000) and new men's tennis coach George Husack ($110,000).
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- UNC inviting athletes back to finish degrees
- Ex-Baylor star Austin: NBA offered job too
- C-USA chief: 'Second 5' will still be relevant
- Source: Mudiay signs deal to play in China
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Alabama Crimson Tide Long Sleeve Shootaround Shirt