Ex-Terrapin Earl Badu dead at 33
WHITE MARSH, Md. -- A former University of Maryland basketball player who was on the 2002 national championship team has died after jumping from a freeway overpass in an apparent suicide.
Baltimore County police say 33-year-old Earl Badu jumped from the Interstate 95 overpass onto I-695 on Thursday morning in White Marsh, northeast of Baltimore. He was taken to a hospital, where he died.
Badu was a walk-on player at Maryland. He played just 33 minutes during his college basketball career and scored four points during his four years with the Terps.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- UNC's McDonald reinstated; Hairston still out
- AD backs SIU coach after tirade goes viral
- Laettner's jersey from 'The Shot' at auction
- Florida gets Murphy's brother via Duke transfer
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Baden Maryland Terrapins Two-Toned Full-Sized Basketball