Injury ends David Foster's career
SALT LAKE CITY -- Utah center David Foster will undergo foot surgery that will end his college career.
The team issued a statement Monday indicating the 7-foot-3 Foster had re-injured his right foot. Surgery is scheduled for next week.
Foster missed all of last season with a broken foot.
He finishes his Utah career as the program's all-time blocked shots leader with 219.
Foster says he hopes to continue his basketball career at the professional level once healthy.
Coach Larry Krystkowiak says Foster was a great leader for the young Utes team and will continue to help with the program.
The Utes went 6-25 last season in their first year in the Pac-12.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA president: Pay-for-play isn't coming
- NCAA may work with power 5 conferences
- Wells sparks Maryland past Boston College
- Former Hoya Whittington intends to transfer
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Baden Utah Utes Two-Toned Full-Sized Basketball