Jontel Evans out six weeks
Brennan: Minor Snag for Cavs
Jontel Evans' injury will cost him the entirety of early practices and training camp and will push freshman guards Teven Jones and Taylor Barnette into the spotlight at the start of the season, writes Eamonn Brennan. Blog
Evans, a senior, underwent the surgery Tuesday after experiencing foot pain during practice last week, the school said in a release.
The 5-foot-11 Evans was an ACC All-Defensive Team selection last season, averaging 7.3 points and a team-leading 3.9 assists in 32 games. He also led the Cavaliers with 50 steals.
Virginia begins the 2012-13 season against George Mason on Nov. 9.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Pauley Pavilion court flooded as main breaks
- Kentucky great 'Wah Wah' Jones dies at 88
- UAB grants All-C-USA PG Frazier his release
- Vols PG Lopez to miss season with torn ACL
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Villanova Wildcats White Bench Pride Basketball Legend T-Shirt