WVU redoing Bob Huggins' contract
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. -- West Virginia is working on a new contract for men's basketball coach Bob Huggins.
Athletic director Oliver Luck said Friday a reworked deal should be completed in the next few months.
In 2008, Huggins signed a contract that pays him at least $20 million in guaranteed income through 2019.
The Mountaineers have gone to the NCAA tournament in each of Huggins' five seasons at his alma mater. He has a 120-56 record there. West Virginia went 19-14 last season and lost to Gonzaga in the second round of the tournament.
The Charleston Daily Mail first reported Luck was reworking the contract.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- UNC inviting athletes back to finish degrees
- Ex-Baylor star Austin: NBA offered job too
- C-USA chief: 'Second 5' will still be relevant
- Source: Mudiay signs deal to play in China
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings West Virginia Mountaineers Crossover Full-Sized Basketball