Louisville disciplines Chane Behanan
LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Louisville sophomore forward Chane Behanan must sit out the Cardinals' exhibition opener against Pikeville on Nov. 1 and is banned from talking with the media this semester.
Coach Rick Pitino said Sunday that Behanan was involved in some unspecified "incidents" this summer and was warned that another would lead to him missing games.
The 6-foot-6 Behanan, who averaged 9.5 points and 7.5 points last season, was not available during media day interviews. He played 34 minutes for the White squad in Sunday's scrimmage, recording 13 points (including a 3-pointer), 11 rebounds and 4 blocks.
The Red squad won 85-74.
The Cardinals will play another exhibition on Nov. 7 against Bellarmine before opening the regular season four days later against Manhattan.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Ex-Baylor star Austin: NBA offered job too
- Source: Mudiay signs deal to play in China
- Creighton's Chatman set for thumb surgery
- Big 12 chief rips NCAA, says 'cheating pays'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Louisville Cardinals Full-Sized Crossover Basketball