Dajuan Coleman (knee) out 4 weeks
The 6-foot-9, 288-pound Coleman, who has started all 20 of the sixth-ranked Orange's games this season, is expected to miss four weeks. He was averaging 5.0 points and 4.3 rebounds.
Coleman injured the knee in practice before Syracuse's game at Villanova on Saturday. He started, but played only 7 minutes in a 75-71 overtime loss. He played 7 minutes the previous game, a 57-55 home win over Cincinnati.
With Coleman out, Syracuse (18-2, 6-1 Big East) is down to seven scholarship players. Senior forward James Southerland has missed the past four games after being declared ineligible on Jan. 12.
Coach Jim Boeheim has said he is hopeful that Southerland can return to the team, but there is no time frame.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Butler's Etherington (foot) to miss 3-4 months
- NCAA president calls for 'scholarships for life'
- Rick Pitino: 'Passion, enthusiasm' still high
- College of Charleston's Wojcik not recruiting
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Syracuse Orange Charcoal Stealth Tri-Blend T-Shirt