Campbell hires Kevin McGeehan
BUIES CREEK, N.C. -- Campbell has hired Richmond assistant Kevin McGeehan as its men's basketball coach.
The school announced McGeehan's hiring Thursday.
McGeehan spent the past eight years on Chris Mooney's staff at Richmond and was his associate head coach since 2008.
He helped the Spiders reach the NCAA tournament twice, and before that, the 39-year-old coached with Mooney at Air Force.
School president Jerry Wallace says he is "convinced his experience and success at (Richmond) has prepared him to lead our program to championship results."
McGeehan replaces Robbie Laing, who was fired last month after eight losing seasons in 10 years.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA president: Pay-for-play isn't coming
- NCAA may work with power 5 conferences
- No. 1 Arizona runs over New Mexico State
- Former Hoya Whittington intends to transfer
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- JanSport Youth Richmond Spiders Blue Basketball T-Shirt