Virginia's Paul Jesperson transferring
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. -- Virginia coach Tony Bennett says sophomore guard Paul Jesperson is leaving the Cavaliers' program.
The 6-foot-6 Jesperson started 33 of 35 games this season. He averaged 4.7 points and 2.2 rebounds. He scored a career-best 12 points in an 80-69 victory at Maryland on Feb. 10, but shot just 36.1 percent from the field overall. He made 40 of 108 3-point tries, or 37 percent.
Bennett says Jesperson, of Merrill, Wis., intends to transfer to another school and continue his basketball career.
He's the fifth player to transfer since Bennett arrived in 2009.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- No. 8 Irish need block in OT to thwart NC State
- Coach K gets 1,000th win; Duke tops St. John's
- No. 2 UVa escapes Hokies to stay unbeaten
- Wells' late tip-in caps Maryland's comeback
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Jansport Men's Virginia Cavaliers Blue Tournament Basketball T-shirt