Brandon Reed leaving Ga. Tech
ATLANTA -- Georgia Tech coach Brian Gregory says junior guard Brandon Reed plans to transfer to another school to complete his eligibility.
Gregory said Friday that Reed will transfer after he graduates at the end of the summer term.
Reed, a strong 3-point shooter, started Georgia Tech's first 15 games and averaged 5.2 points for the season. He lost playing time when freshman Chris Bolden, another strong shooter, moved into Gregory's starting lineup.
Gregory says Reed, from Powder Springs, Ga., has been "an integral part of this team over the last two years" after transferring to Georgia Tech from Arkansas State.
Reed started 43 games in two seasons and averaged 6.4 points.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- DePaul stuns Georgetown in Big East opener
- Auburn fires coach Barbee after 4 seasons
- American rocks Boston for Patriot title, berth
- NCAA: No 'Sic 'Em Bears' jerseys for Baylor
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Softee Slam Dunk Hoop Set