Paul Jesperson transfers to N. Iowa
CEDAR FALLS, Iowa -- Former Virginia guard Paul Jesperson has transferred to Northern Iowa.
Coach Ben Jacobson announced Tuesday that Jesperson will join the Panthers. He'll sit out in 2013-14 and have two years of eligibility left.
Jesperson averaged 4.7 points for Virginia last season and shot 37 percent from 3-point range. He started 33 games in two seasons with the Cavaliers.
The 6-foot-6 Jesperson was The Associated Press player of the year as a senior at Merrill High in Wisconsin.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Wilbekin, Florida hold on to topple Kansas
- UK bounces back to shut down Boise State
- Gonzaga rallies vs. WVU to win 5th straight
- Top Cats: Zona is new No. 1; Syracuse 2nd
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Virginia Cavaliers Blue Basketball Performance Polo