Nebraska suspends Deverell Biggs
LINCOLN, Neb. -- Nebraska has suspended basketball player Deverell Biggs for three games for a violation of team rules last season.
"We are obviously disappointed in Deverell's actions," Nebraska coach Tim Miles said Friday in a statement. "It's inexcusable. I know he has learned from it, and he will proceed accordingly to improve all areas of his life."
Biggs, a junior who redshirted last season, will miss the Huskers' exhibition game and the first two games of the regular season, including the Nov. 8 opener against Florida Gulf Coast.
"I want to apologize to my teammates, coaches and fans for my actions," the guard said in the university's release. "I understand the seriousness and the consequences of my actions, have learned from the situation and worked hard to move forward. I look forward to representing Nebraska in a positive manner on and off the court."
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Selection committee to monitor Embiid injury
- UNC Wilmington fires Peterson after 4 seasons
- Florida, Wichita St. remain 1-2; UK falls out
- Delaware clinches 1st NCAA bid since 1999
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Nebraska Cornhuskers Grey On-Court Long Sleeve Shooter Shirt