Arizona, Duke lead NIT Tip-Off field
INDIANAPOLIS -- Arizona, Duke, Alabama and Rutgers are the top four seeds for the 2013 NIT Season Tip-Off.
The first- and second-round doubleheaders will be played Nov. 18 and 19 on the campuses of the top seeds with the winners advancing to the semifinals at New York City's Madison Square Garden on Nov. 27. The championship game is Nov. 29.
In the four regional matchups: Fairleigh Dickinson is at Arizona and Rhode Island plays Metro State; Duke will host UNC Asheville and East Carolina faces Norfolk State; Alabama hosts Stillman and Georgia State meets McNeese State; and Canisius is at Rutgers and Elon meets Drexel.
Duke has won three consecutive Preseason NITs, most recently in 2009 when the Blue Devils beat Connecticut in the championship game.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- UNC inviting athletes back to finish degrees
- Ex-Baylor star Austin: NBA offered job too
- C-USA chief: 'Second 5' will still be relevant
- Source: Mudiay signs deal to play in China
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- JanSport Men's Arizona Wildcats Cardinal 'Cardiac Cats' Basketball T-Shirt