Villanova's Billy Lange to 76ers
Villanova Wildcats associate head coach Billy Lange, just days after turning down a position to coach the Houston Rockets' Development League affiliate, has accepted a spot with the Philadelphia 76ers.
Sources told ESPN.com that the 41-year-old Lange, who is in his second stint with Jay Wright on Villanova's staff, will become the assistant for player development.
Lange was Wright's director of basketball operations from 2001 to 2004, then spent seven seasons as the head coach at Navy before returning to Villanova as an assistant two years ago.
Lange has been an integral part of Villanova getting back on track after a 13-19 season in 2011. The Wildcats returned to the NCAA tournament this past season, and their recruiting efforts have been strong since Lange rejoined the staff.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Canty backs off Auburn commit, will visit USF
- Sources: Vols target La. Tech's White as coach
- Tarkanian released from Las Vegas hospital
- Duke's Hood follows Parker into NBA draft
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- JanSport Men's Villanova Wildcats Navy Tournament Basketball T-Shirt