Luke Fischer out several weeks
INDIANAPOLIS -- Indiana freshman center Luke Fischer will miss a few weeks because of a sprained left shoulder.
Fischer, Wisconsin's Mr. Basketball, is expected to play a key role in helping to replace Cody Zeller, who gave up his last two seasons of eligibility to jump to the NBA. The Hoosiers also lost freshman Troy Williams for a few weeks with an undisclosed hand injury.
Coach Tom Crean said the 6-foot-11 Fischer was playing aggressively when he was injured.
Two other Hoosiers -- swingman Austin Etherington and center Peter Jurkin -- are cleared to practice. Etherington is returning from a fractured left patella, while Jurkin is trying to return from a lower leg injury.
Crean will give his annual preseason lecture on campus Wednesday.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- UNC inviting athletes back to finish degrees
- Ex-Baylor star Austin: NBA offered job too
- C-USA chief: 'Second 5' will still be relevant
- Source: Mudiay signs deal to play in China
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Indiana Hoosiers #11 White Basketball Replica Jersey