Willie Cauley-Stein injures hand
LEXINGTON, Ky. -- Kentucky says that sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein will miss 10-14 days with a minor right hand injury suffered during "basketball activity" on Friday.
Cauley-Stein played in 29 games last season with 14 starts, most coming after Nerlens Noel's season-ending left knee injury on Feb. 12. He finished the season averaging 8.3 points and 6.2 rebounds per game and made the Southeastern Conference's all-rookie team.
The Olathe, Kan., native and forward Alex Poythress passed on the NBA draft to return for their sophomore seasons. They are expected to provide an inside presence and leadership on another talented Wildcats squad featuring eight freshmen including six McDonald's All-Americas.
Kentucky will hold its Big Blue Madness public practice on Oct. 18, with the Blue-White scrimmage scheduled for Oct. 29.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Arizona holds Oregon St. to 34 points in rout
- No. 4 Duke dismisses junior guard Sulaimon
- St. John's guard sorry for offensive tweet
- McCain: Time to talk legalizing sports betting
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Kentucky Wildcats Blue Elite Performance Basketball Polo