PG Javan Felix has hip surgery
Athletic trainer Eric Fry did not disclose the nature of the injury or when it happened. Fry said Wednesday that Felix had surgery on Oct. 1 and is expected to make a full recovery. He said there was no specific timetable for Felix's return.
Felix started 23 games for Texas last season, and averaged 6.8 points and had 139 assists.
Texas starts the season Nov. 8 against Mercer.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Coach K gets 1,000th win; Duke tops St. John's
- No. 2 UVa escapes Hokies to stay unbeaten
- Sources: Transfer Iverson enrolls at URI
- Sources: 6-foot-9 Wynyard commits to UK
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Texas Longhorns Grey Basketball Pullover Performance Hoodie