Kevin Ware expected for opener
"He'll suit up for the first game," Pitino said. "Whether he gets in or not, we'll see."
Ware, who suffered an open fracture to his right leg during Louisville's Elite Eight game against Duke in March, was cleared to play last week and is working toward getting into game shape. Pitino expects that to happen in the next two weeks and anticipates Ware joining the team for full practice Nov. 1.
Ware, who has been concentrating on individual instruction and shooting, has been slowed this past week by a case of pinkeye, forcing him out of practice.
"He's taking it slow," Pitino said. "People want to see him on the court healthy. We want to see him flourishing."
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Top Cats: Zona is new No. 1; Syracuse 2nd
- UF guards Wilbekin, Hill to play vs. Kansas
- Ducks overcome Henderson, Ole Miss in OT
- No. 24 San Diego St. rallies by Washington
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Louisville Cardinals Grey On-Court Long Sleeve Shooter Shirt