Jernard Jarreau out for season
Washington announced the results of an MRI on Jarreau's injured knee Wednesday morning.
Jarreau was injured when he went down awkwardly on a breakaway with 18:25 left in the first half of the opener against Seattle on Sunday. Jarreau appeared to be clipped by Seattle's Isiah Umipig as he went up for the basket and he landed in a heap. Jarreau was on the court for several minutes before being helped to the locker room.
Jarreau, expected to be a starter, had 17 points and nine rebounds in the Huskies' exhibition win over Central Washington.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- UConn agrees to play Arizona, Ohio State
- Lawsuit: Tulsa failed to protect woman from player
- Blue Jays oppose Creighton's trademark bid
- Source: Ex-Vandy G Johnson to join Memphis
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Washington Huskies Purple Full-zip Game Jacket