NCAA announces Final Four officials
ATLANTA -- The NCAA has announced the pool of 10 officials who will work the Final Four.
John Cahill, Tony Greene, Karl Hess, Lee Jones, John Higgins, Randy McCall and Mark Whitehead have all officiated previous Final Fours, while Mike Eades, Doug Simmons and Terry Wymer will have the opportunity to work their first semifinal or championship game.
The officials were recommended by John Adams, the NCAA's director of officiating, and approved Monday by the Division I men's basketball committee.
Three-man crews will work each game with a fourth official on standby. The assignments for the semifinals will be made Saturday morning with the championship officials announced Monday.
Louisville plays Wichita State in the first national semifinal Saturday night at the Georgia Dome. Michigan plays Syracuse in the other game.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- UNC's McDonald reinstated; Hairston still out
- AD backs SIU coach after tirade goes viral
- Laettner's jersey from 'The Shot' at auction
- Florida gets Murphy's brother via Duke transfer
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Louisville Cardinals Red/Black On-Court Short Sleeve Shooter