NEW YORK -- Baltimore Orioles catcher Brian Ward has been suspended for 50 games for a second violation involving a drug of abuse under the minor league drug program.
The 26-year-old is on the roster of the Class A Aberdeen IronBirds of the New York-Penn League.
He hit .254 with seven homers and 32 RBIs for Frederick of the Class A Carolina League last year.
The suspension announced Wednesday was the 28th this year under the minor league drug program.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Spurs breeze past Heat with Duncan in form
- LeBron says sleeved jersey partly to blame
- Manziel inks endorsement contract with Nike
- Report: Sharper admitted sex not consensual
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Baltimore Orioles Logo Black T-Shirt