Collins, Johnson on NL All-Star staff
NEW YORK -- Current Mets manager Terry Collins and former skipper Davey Johnson have been selected as coaches for next month's All-Star game at Citi Field.
Johnson, currently Washington's skipper, managed the Mets to their last World Series title in 1986. They were picked Thursday by San Francisco's Bruce Bochy, the NL's manager
Detroit's Jim Leyland, the AL manager, also chose coaches with Mets' ties: Robin Ventura of the Chicago White Sox and John Gibbons of the Toronto Blue Jays. Ventura played for the Mets' last NL pennant winner in 2000 and Gibbons is a former Mets player and minor league manager.
The All-Star Game is July 16.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Lester, Ross carry Red Sox past White Sox
- Sizemore's scoop caps Yankees' triple play
- Cards' Wainwright 2-hits error-prone Nats
- Sabathia pitches Yankees past Price, Rays
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Women's Toronto Blue Jays Royal Ice Jacket